10 reasons young men don’t want to get married now
1. They can have casual sex without marriage, something that is far more common today and accepted than in generations past
2. By living with a girlfriend, they can enjoy all the benefits of a wife without having to say, “I do.” This is a no-risk way to test the idea of marriage
3. Men want to avoid the financial risks of divorce. What better way to do that than to not get married in the first place?
4. Since they don’t have to worry about their biological clocks, men say they want to wait until they are older to have children. They really do not want to be pressured into marriage by a woman whose primary goal is to have kids
5. Their greatest fear is that marriage will require too many changes, compromises and responsibilities. After all, it’s a lot more fun to play poker with the boys all night long
6. Men are romantics at heart. They believe in a soul mate, and they’re willing to wait for her. What is a soul mate? Men define her as someone who accepts them just the way they are and does not want to change them. These men don’t want to settle for second-best
7. There are very few social pressures to marry. While their dads were pressured by religion, employers or society to settle down and say “I do,” men today are free from that
8. Men are reluctant to marry a woman who already has children, primarily to avoid competition and conflict with the children’s biological father
9. They want to become a homeowner before they become a husband. Being established financially is an important goal many men want to achieve before they marry
10. Men want to enjoy the single life as long as possible, especially as they become accustomed to having their own space and routines and not being responsible to anyone else.