The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is open to males and females from developing nations with relevant professional knowledge and a history of supporting the growth plans of their countries applying to a Master’s degree program on development-related issues.
Institutions/program of study
The Joint program offers Scholarship for 48 courses at various universities across united state, Japan, Europe, Africa and Oceania in major area of development including, infrastructure management, economic policy management and tax policy
Scholarship Duration and value
A JJWBGSP scholarship provides tuition, a monthly living allowance, travel allowance round-trip airfare, and health insurance.
The duration of the scholarship program is two years or less depending on the course undertaking
The applicant must comply with the following eligibility criteria:
•Be a citizen of a member country of the World Bank click to see list;
•Do not hold the dual citizenship of any developed country;
• Be in excellent health.
• Earn a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) earned at least 3 years prior to the application deadline;
• Have three years or more of recent development-related work experience after obtaining a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
• Be employed in development-related job in a full-time paid position at the moment of submission.
• On or before the Scholarship Application Period, be admitted unconditionally (with the exception of funding) for the coming school year to at least one of the participating JJ/WBGSP Master’s programs located outside the applicant’s country of origin and place of residence listed at the time of the call for scholarship applications. The document of admission must be uploaded before submission of application.
• not be a family member or relative of an employee of world bank Group
To be taken into consideration for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship, you must apply first and be unconditionally approved for admittance to at least one of the Participating Programs. You can download the scholarship application guidelines from here
Application opening date : 22 March, 2021
Application closing date : 21 May, 2021
Scholarship official website: https://www.worldbank.org/en/programs/scholarships