Description of the school and scholarship:
The Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) Scholarship is available for outstanding and brilliants applicants from developing countries, like Nigeria, South Africa, mostly All African Countries, Asia, And others who can demonstrate a need for financial and economic assistance and who are granted admissions to the PhD Programme in Sustainability Science at the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS).
Scholarship Institution Base
United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS) based in Japan
Level/Field(s) of study in the University:
PhD Programme in Sustainability Science JFUNU
Number of Scholarships in the University:
number of scholarships are Limited, be mindful.
Deadline: 9 April 2021 (annually)
Study in: Japan
Course starts September 2021
Target group and students all over:
Citizens of developing countries listed in the latest OECD DAC list
Scholarship value/duration in the University:
The scholarship provides a monthly allowance of 120,000 JPY for living expenses for a maximum of 36 months (3 years). Travel costs to and from Japan, visa handling fees, and health/accident insurance costs must be covered by the student. take note of this for every applicant it is very important. Health is wealth.
The tuition fees are fully waived for the scholarship recipients all over the World.
Eligibility and Qualifications for the scholarships:
Applicants for the PhD in Sustainability Science are required to have met ALL of the following requirements by the application deadline in order to be considered:
1. Strong interest and love in sustainability studies;
2. Demonstrated commitment to study and understand global issues all the time;
3. A completed Master’s degree (or equivalent) from a recognized university or institution of higher education and demonstrated ability to link course work and activities to principles of sustainability;
4. A minimum of 2 years of practical field experience related to UNU-IAS research themes which was acquired after obtaining a university degree (full time equivalent) OR Two completed Master’s degrees, at least one of which must be in disciplines related to sustainability studies;
5. A GPA of 2.8 or above on a 4.0 scale (equivalent to 70% on a 100 % scale) for at least one of the Master’s degrees earned; and
6. English language proficiency. The minimum score requirements for English language qualifications required by UNU-IAS are: 600 in TOEFL – Paper-Based Testing (PBT); 100 in TOEFL – Internet-Based Testing (IBT); 7.0 in IELTS – Academic format.
Eligibility And Qualification Requirements for the scholarships:
- Applicants must be from developing countries* who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Applicants who are currently living in Japan under a working visa are NOT eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants who want to pursue a second PhD degree at UNU-IAS are not eligible for the scholarship.
Scholarship Application instructions for all students interested:
To apply, you must complete the online application form for admission. During the admission selection process, outstanding applicants will be automatically considered as candidates for the award of scholarships. No separate application is required. Application deadline is 9 April 2021.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website:
See the Official Scholarship Website: CLICK HERE
Note: this post or page you are currently on is never the official scholarship website. The official scholarship website or portal link will always be inserted or attached at the bottom of the article containing the details of the scholarship. This page only contains the full information about the given scholarship for you to be enlightened.